Are you looking for the best and most common slag words? Here is the list of the most common slang words used every day.
What are Slang Words?
Slang is language of an informal register. It also sometimes refers to the language generally exclusive to the members of particular in-groups prefer over the common vocabulary of a standard language in order to establish group identity, exclude outsiders, or both.
Most Common Slang Words English Used Everyday
Here is a list of the most popular, famous slang words and sayings in English.
- LOL – Laughing out loud
- BRB – Be right back
- BTW – By the way
- LMK – Let me know
- G2G – Got to go
- FOMO – Fear Of Missing Out
- FTFY – Fixed That For You
- FTL – For The Loss
- FTW – For The Win
- FWB – Friends With Benefits
- FWIW – For What It’s Worth
- FYE – For Your Entertainment
- FYEO – For Your Eyes Only
- FYI – For Your Information
- GA – Go Ahead
- Dope – Cool or awesome
- GOAT – “Greatest of All Time”
- Gucci – Good, cool, or going well
- Lit – Amazing, cool, or exciting
- OMG – An abbreviation for “Oh my gosh” or “Oh my God”
- Salty – Bitter, angry, agitated
- Sic/Sick – Cool or sweet
- Snatched – Looks good, perfect, or fashionable; the new “on fleek”
- Fire – Hot, trendy, amazing, or on point (formerly “straight fire”)
- TBH – To be honest
- Tea – Gossip, situation, story, or news
- Thirsty – Trying to get attention
- YOLO – “You Only Live Once” (often used ironically)
- Dayger – Party during the day
- Function/Func – Party
- Kick back – Small party
- Netflix and Chill – Used as a front for inviting someone over to make out (or maybe more)
- Rager – Big party
- Throw Down – To throw a party
- WTTP – Want to trade photos?
- LMIRL – Let’s meet in real life
- Screw Up – To mess up or make a mistake.
- My Bad – My mistake.
- Kudos – Kudos means “congrats” or “great work”! It can be used in all situations.
- It’s Not Rocket Science – This saying explains something by hyperbolically stating what it is not. If it’s not rocket science, then it must be easy.
- Hold Your Horses: Wait just a second!