Last Updated on November 27, 2023 by Team FinderWheel
Are you looking for Amara’s name meanings? Discover the meaning of the name Amara and its origin, similar names, nicknames, variations, numerology numbers, popularity trends, and famous people with the name.
What Does Amara Mean?
Amara is a name that exudes grace and beauty. Its meaning is often associated with “grace,” “immortal,” or “eternal.” Amara captures the essence of enduring charm and a timeless quality.
What Is the Origin of the Name Amara?
Amara has diverse origins, with roots in both Italian and African languages. In Italian, it means “bitter,” while in Igbo (a language spoken in Nigeria), it translates to “grace” or “mercy.” This blend of meanings adds depth and richness to the name.
How Popular Is the Name Amara?
Amara has been steadily gaining popularity, becoming a favored choice for parents seeking a name that combines cultural diversity with a touch of sophistication. Its rise in popularity is indicative of the appreciation for names with global roots.
How Do I Pronounce Amara?
Amara is pronounced as “ah-MAH-rah.” The emphasis is on the second syllable, and the name flows with a melodic and elegant pronunciation.
Is Amara a Boy or Girl Name?
Amara is traditionally used as a girl’s name, embodying femininity, grace, and a timeless allure. While names are becoming more gender-neutral, Amara remains overwhelmingly associated with females.
Variations of Amara
- Amarra: A slightly modified spelling, adding a touch of uniqueness to the name.
- Amira: A name of Arabic origin, meaning “princess” or “commander,” sharing a regal quality with Amara.
- Amarantha: A name that combines elements of Amara with a floral touch, meaning “unfading flower.”
- Amaryllis: A flower-inspired name with a similar melodic quality, symbolizing pride and enchantment.
- Amaia: A name of Basque origin, meaning “the end” or “the one who is skilled,” adding a touch of mystery.
- Amaris: A name with Hebrew origins, meaning “promised by God,” embodying a sense of divine grace.
- Amalthea: A mythological name with Greek roots, associated with the nurturing goat who cared for Zeus, symbolizing nourishment and protection.
- Amanita: A unique and creative variation, inspired by the mushroom and carrying a touch of nature.
- Amabel: A name of Latin origin, meaning “lovable” or “loving,” capturing the affectionate nature of Amara.
- Amalika: A name of African origin, meaning “one who is dependable” or “faithful friend,” adding a sense of reliability.
Nicknames for Amara
- Amy: A classic and timeless diminutive of Amara, perfect for a more informal feel.
- Mara: A chic and streamlined nickname that retains the essence of the full name.
- Ari: A short and stylish option for a more modern and trendy feel.
- Mimi: A playful and affectionate diminutive, suitable for close friends and family.
- Ama: A simple and elegant option, capturing the essence of Amara’s beauty.
- Aria: A melodic nickname that shares a similar sound with Amara.
- Marra: A unique and modern variation, adding a touch of individuality.
- Lia: A short and sweet option that retains the elegant sound of Amara.
- Ammie: A cute and endearing nickname, perfect for a young child or pet.
- Amarita: A creative and exotic diminutive, suitable for those who appreciate a unique touch.
Similar Names to Amara
- Arabella: A name that combines elegance with a timeless quality, similar to Amara.
- Seraphina: A name with a celestial touch, meaning “fiery” or “burning one.”
- Anastasia: A name that exudes grace and means “resurrection” or “rebirth.”
- Isabella: A classic name that shares a timeless and elegant appeal.
- Aurelia: A name that exudes elegance and means “golden” or “the golden one.”
- Aria: A melodic name that combines modernity with timeless beauty.
- Sophia: A name that combines modern style with classic elegance.
- Emilia: A name that carries a similar melodic quality with Amara.
- Cassandra: A name with a regal quality, meaning “she who entangles men.”
- Liana: A name that combines simplicity with a touch of timeless charm.
Middle Names for Amara
- Amara Jade: A combination that adds a touch of preciousness and nature.
- Grace Amara: A name pairing that embodies grace and timeless beauty.
- Amara Celeste: A celestial-inspired middle name that adds a sense of heavenly charm.
- Amara Elise: A combination that fuses modernity with a classic touch.
- Catherine Amara: A classic and refined middle name pairing.
- Amara Skye: A name combination that resonates with both beauty and expansiveness.
- Victoria Amara: A name pairing that exudes regality and timeless allure.
- Amara Seraphine: A combination that carries a celestial and graceful quality.
- Aria Amara: A melodic and modern middle name pairing.
- Amara Faye: A combination that adds a touch of enchantment and radiance.
Sibling Names for Amara
- Elijah: A strong and classic choice for a brother that complements Amara’s elegance.
- Isaac: A timeless and traditional name for a brother that pairs well with Amara.
- Lila: A sister name that shares a similar melodic quality and elegance.
- Eva: A sister name that combines simplicity with a touch of timeless charm.
- Nathan: A classic and strong choice for a brother that complements Amara’s grace.
- Elena: A sister name that carries a similar timeless and elegant appeal.
- Leo: A short and modern choice for a brother that pairs well with Amara’s contemporary style.
- Aria: A sister name that shares a melodic quality with Amara.
- Ethan: A classic and strong choice for a brother that complements Amara’s sophistication.
- Livia: A sister name that exudes grace and shares a timeless quality with Amara.
Famous People Named Amara
- Amara La Negra: A Dominican-American singer, actress, and television personality known for her contributions to the entertainment industry.
- Amara Tijani: A Nigerian fashion designer and entrepreneur, recognized for her innovative designs.
- Amara Enyia: An American politician, lawyer, and public policy expert known for her advocacy and community work.
- Amara Miller: An American actress known for her roles in films and television.
- Amara Karan: A British actress known for her work in both film and television.
- Amara Walker: An American television news anchor and correspondent, recognized for her contributions to journalism.
- Amara Ranipas: A Thai singer and actress known for her talents in the entertainment industry.
- Amara Baptiste: A Saint Lucian poet and writer known for her literary works.
- Amara Nwankpa: A Nigerian technologist and energy policy expert, recognized for his contributions to the field.
- Amara Ohegbe: A Nigerian architect and entrepreneur, known for her innovative designs and projects.
Amara in Popular Culture
The name Amara has made appearances in various forms of popular culture, including literature, music, and film. Its timeless beauty and elegant sound make it a name that resonates in creative and artistic circles.
1. What does the name Amara mean?
The name Amara is often associated with “grace,” “immortal,” or “eternal,” capturing the essence of enduring charm and timeless beauty.
2. What is the origin of the name Amara?
Amara has diverse origins, with roots in both Italian and African languages. In Italian, it means “bitter,” while in Igbo, it translates to “grace” or “mercy.”
3. How popular is the name Amara?
Amara has been steadily gaining popularity, becoming a favored choice for parents seeking a name that combines cultural diversity with sophistication.
4. How do you pronounce Amara?
Amara is pronounced as “ah-MAH-rah.”
5. Is Amara a unisex name?
No, Amara is traditionally used as a girl’s name, embodying femininity, grace, and timeless allure.
In conclusion, the name Amara is a symphony of elegance and timeless beauty. With its diverse origins, melodic sound, and association with grace, Amara has become a name that resonates with parents seeking a name that captures the essence of enduring charm. Whether appreciated for its cultural diversity, feminine allure, or presence in popular culture, Amara stands as a name that represents the intersection of tradition and modernity. As a choice for families seeking a name with both depth and a touch of sophistication, Amara continues to weave its melody through generations, leaving an enduring legacy of grace and beauty.